My wikispace is.... http://pccsvisualart.wikispaces.com/
I have really enjoyed creating this wiki. There were many projects that I have been working on - with some difficulty of where to put them when they are done. The wikispace is a perfect location for them since it will allow other art teachers to upload some of their information too. I see it as a potentially valuable resource as a professional. I was reading some other peoples comments about using them for students - which would be great too...but I am using mine professionally.
I feel like there are more options with a wiki than there is with a blog. With a blog you can upload things - but with a wiki I feel you can gather more information and organize it better. I am curious how to create a webpage now too. I wonder if it is much different than a wiki...perhaps it would be the same but without the ability for others to add to it...which I guess would defeat my purpose for having the wiki.
I would like to use the blog strictly for discussion. Perhaps in my classroom I would post an image - pose a question and then leave it open for discusion. I feel that the wiki would allow itself more for information gathering - and not just opinions. Almost like a fact finding mission where information would be entered and the students would access that information - a much improved course pack from college!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! Have you been busy working on your blog! Nice job.
ReplyDeleteA wiki is actually a webpage, but if you want an easy way to create a more traditional webpage, you might want to try Weebly.